Ten points to consider in case you have trouble choosing where to cast your vote:
1. Check the number relatives he has, that’s the number of key posts that will no longer be available after the elections.
2. Does he have a tendency towards personal branding, attaching his name to policy or wearing certain pieces of distinctive clothing all the time?
3. The more nationalist the candidate’s speeches are the more power he will amass in the name of nationalism.
4. Check how many campaign promises he changes in a week.
5. Does he think that no minorities exist in Sri Lanka?
6. Does he suffer from a paranoia that the international community is out to get him?
7. Does he have tea parties with dictators?
8. Do journalists break out in a sweat when they hear his name?
9. Does he have any previous experience in politics?
10. Is his first solution to any issue military?
Yes, yes, I know. You are screwed no matter who wins.